Documenting My 3D Printer Data Gathering and Experiences
- Prior to 2013 - for making jewelry items
- I purchased Rhino, Artcam, Modelmaster CNC1000 milling machine and much more
- including a seat in 3DS Max and Mudbox which I still update each year
- and am moving on to 3d printers if I can find manufacturers with
- the appearances of being "going-concerns" which means: their web site
- lists their company name, address, phone number, email address, etc,
- and they make machines that consistently produce high resolution prints.
- In 2013 I needed hands-on 3d-printing experiences :
- So in April of 2013 I purchased a Lutzbot AO 101 3d printer.
- In May of 2013 Lutzbot removed all mention of the AO 101 from their web site.
- Now they are selling their TAZ 2.
- I learned alot about the slic3r and pronterface settings
- The 101 prints were inconsistent and not acceptable for my purposes.
- October, 2013 - Going back up on my data gathering research.
- 3dbotz M2
- The 3dbotz M2 appears to have good resolution.
- Does anyone know who they are, where they are etc.
- I would like more information including closeups of the machine.
- ISIS3D.NET Isis One
- First off - the Isis One Desktop 3D Printer in action! video is wonderful.
- Shows a closeup view with sound of a print starting at the critical beginning.
- I am impressed and like the fact they favor PLA over ABS; however, the isis3d will do both.
- In my opinion they are a real company and will stand behind their products.
- The first thing I started looking for is product specification and features on their site.
- I found old specs are in the wiki subdomains
- Current specs and more are in their blog
- An active forum Ultimaker 2 & updates
- My research shows most users are in europe with few in the US.
- HYREL3D hyrel3d.com
- on 11-21-13 I came across Hyrel3d watching a Eugene B video and went to youtube and am swept away with
- the honestly of the 2 gentlemen on the videos and the tremendous amount of information they are providing to
- us about themselves, their products and the growth of their company. I want one and I
- don't even know if the resolution of the prints are any good however I feel they will be.
- I use a 12 inch fan in upstairs window to pull the fumes out of the room so one with
- no enclose would be preferred and I would like the ability to operate the printer from my
- computers 35 feet with a long usb cord which is what I am doing now.
- I will be researching their printers in the weeks to come.
- Minifactory 3 minifactory.fi Finland
- found this 3D printer on 11-27-13
- I like the fact the xy and z axis are all gear driven instead of belt driven.
- Appears to be a powerful and sturdy machine.
- john james broderick, CPA